Wednesday, April 14, 2010

March Madness

Taxes, state basketball, spreading fertilizer, graduation, fire training, oregon ffa state convention, junior evaluations, baby showers, church callings, buying a house, attempting to sell a house, 400 wedding thank yous, the everyday sagas of beauty school and everything else I am forgetting about are just a few of the things we had going on in March :)

Looking back now I don’t know how we got through it, but somehow we did. I came home for the first time all month for Sabrina’s Baby Shower. I think Heavenly Father knew I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown, so he sent a horrible storm our way that left me stranded in Burns for an entire week. You would not believe what I got accomplished in that 7 days! Christmas Decorations down, for the first time since we got married I was caught up on the laundry, wedding thank yous written and in the mail and finalized everything for my new job.

The highlight of our week was getting approved for a loan. Our financial system is so screwed up right now that it was definitely an act of congress. We are very grateful that we had my Dad to walk us through the process. I’m sure I drove him insane with all my phone calls, but he helped us understand, and we wouldn’t have been able to do it without him. After we were approved for a loan we made an offer on a house. The sellers accepted the offer and we will hopefully close next Friday, April 23rd. WE ARE SO EXCITED!!! I can’t wait to have a dishwasher and oven that works. A shower that’s not disgusting will be a plus too :) Jeff can’t wait to work in the yard. He informed me the other day that him and his Grandpa have big plans.

It was the perfect week at home. We weren’t quite sure what to do with ourselves. The house was clean, the laundry was done, my mom fed us dinenr most nights, we slept in the same bed for over a week and actually had time to watch TV. Exactly what I needed to finish my last 6 weeks of beauty school!

No comments:

Post a Comment